Thursday, December 9, 2010

This noise

Ire grips as bad fortune dogs me on this inauspicious number of a day.  Three days behind on the song of the day, posting on the project one blog is predictably behind as well, and I haven’t been transcribing the old stuff out of the books so I’ve lost my backlog of material to post, which (product of some burst of energy perhaps brought on by early signs of spring) had carried the posting along for some months.

I’ve reached a point that while I don’t particularly care about the current output of the song of the day most of the time and actively hate it some of the time, but having recently tripped past 1,500 songs written within 1,500 consecutive day, I’m sufficiently (if momentarily) convinced of my own persistence that after goldbricking for a couple of days I want to catch up the backlog purely to avoid having to write any more songs at once.  So I grit my teeth and dash out a trio I charmingly title Screw that Noise I, II, and 3 (the breakdown of Roman enumeration is not some sort of clever device, just careless inconsistency). The genre could be termed Diatribes Against Putative Deity and a certain predictable phrase figures heavily in the choruses…  The less said about these songs the better.  The effort requires me to write “screw that noise” 33 times (well, one of those was actually a “screw this noise,” you gotta mix it up, keep people on their toes).

originally posted at spiritofsalt.com Jun 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment