Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chorus

A little behind on the songs of the days.  What has been waiting to get born, and is now in progress (as I work to evict my backlog) is a new series, the first in a fair while (I guess I sort of was writing a series for the second RPM project, only a handful of which made it to the recording, loosely entitled The Bootstrap Gospel).  The first long one in a good long while, anyway, maybe the longest since I wrote a series based on 101 Zen Koans from Zen Flesh, Zen Bones (eventually, I’ll get to this in the archive postings).  The series is based on The KLF’s book The Manual, specifically its section on “The Golden Rules” of writing a number-one pop song.  The bottom line is that the song is centered on The Chorus, a phenomenon that is virtually absent from my songs to date.  My goal is to write a hundred songs to their “Golden Rule” formula.  Onward and Upward.

(This entry should be replete with links, but I am lazy, or at least occupied, so it has none.  Perhaps I’ll add them posthumously, so to speak…)

originally posted at spiritofsalt.com May 1, 2009 at 1:35 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment